Logan Boulevard extension to reach Bonita Beach Road; construction to begin on roundabout
People living on the eastern edge of Bonita Beach road will soon face about six months of lane restrictions as crews work to extend Logan Boulevard to Bonita Springs from north Collier County.
Beginning June 12, the eastbound lanes of Bonita Beach Road are set to close. The construction will mostly affect people living east of the intersection, including residents of Village Walk and Valencia Bonita.
- Bonita Springs has set aside $2.95 million for the Logan Blvd extension. This was before Hurricane Irma's cleanup costs strained the city's budget.
- Developer GL Hoes is also paying part of the bill.
- Landscaping costs are not included.
- Bonita Springs will forgo traffic lights in favor of an egg-shaped roundabout to be added between San Remo at Palmira and Village Walk of Bonita Springs. It will be two lanes wide and adjust existing roadways.
- Parts of Bonita Beach Road will be affected
- The road is set to open in February 2020.