Traffic count is up 7.4% for March and year-to-date at Southwest Florida International Airport.
- Passenger numbers continue to rise at Southwest Florida International Airport with an increase in year-over-year monthly traffic in March matching the year-to-date gain of 7.4% over the same periods in 2018.
- The Fort Myers airport, under the call letters RSW, reported a record 1.5 million passengers during March, raising the year-to-date count to 3.65 million. In 2018, 3.4 million passengers traveled through the airport from Jan. 1 through March 31, according to a statement.
- Between spring break travel and seasonal residents returning to their northern homes, March is historically the busiest month at the airport. The nearly 1.4 million passengers in March 2018 was the previous one-month record at RSW, the release adds.
- Southwest Airlines carried the most passengers to and from RSW at 288,142, followed by Delta with 280,584, Spirit at 187,471, American with 175,855 and United at 142,387.
- The airport also facilitated 11,202 aircraft operations, an increase of 2.7% compared to March 2018. In addition, Page Field in Fort Myers had 11,086 operations, a 31.7% percent increase over March 2018.
- In 2018, RSW served nearly 9.4 million passengers and is ranked as one of the top 50 U.S. airports for passenger traffic.